Friday, August 14, 2009

Two is a crowd.

Ever wondered why when you try your hardest to avoid something..that something does its hardest not to avoid you? Double-booking situations have become the bane of my existence. This is especially true when I've planned a trip someplace. Some relative has to choose to visit on the same weekend, or a work deadline gets moved up so I end up working on the trip, or some other such miiiiinor inconvenience.

My mum likes to think I am not destined to make that trip..and that by canceling my tickets and choosing to accommodate the 'other' plan, I have managed to avoid some sort of cataclysmic tragedy. If this is what a silver lining is..that's precious. The thing is, I usually have no problem with the 'other' plan..but why not some 'other' time?

No comments:

Post a Comment