Monday, March 29, 2010

A contract for life?



With a good amount of luck,
A freelance project I'd land
To make a few bucks
Concepts I created for a new brand

"Oh! This is not what I had in mind."
said the client for the contract he signed!
"Can you work on a few more,
Only now five for the price of four?"

A few weeks later, a bit discontent,
Designed what he tweaked to a great extent
Months passed by, and all was normal
Until one fine day, he pinged acting all formal.

From topic to topic, it changed direction
Finally he asked about my ancestral connection
Oh, No! What's with all the weird questions?
Politely I logged off, as it seemed only unprofessional.

Almost a year and a few months passed by
A random email I received from the same guy
This time with very little to do with his company update
And more in line with - " How about we go on a date?"

Why oh! Why, will this never end?
It's a new sitcom for all my dear friends!
Who will it be, among these strange men?
Cos I am no Barbie to find her own Ken! 




2 comments: