Monday, September 19, 2011

No Fairytale





My story is no fairytale
Suspense, Romance, that's still a mystery....
There is no saying who's coming
Or what the next will be....

I don't want to be no Cinderella
and deal with crazy curfews
I don't care about Prince Charming
Pumpkin chariots or fancy shoes!

I don't want to be no Sleeping/Beauty
Day dreaming about fantasies
Acceptance is all that is needed
For you and me in today's reality

I don't want to be no Snow White
Relatives guiding like the 7 dwarfs alike
Nor be like her.... all fair & lovely
For much of my folk's delight

I don't want to be no Rapunzel
Twirling her tresses so long
Castles built up in the air
Just adds stress that prolongs

I don't want to be no Ariel
Curious of life outside the Sea
I'm happy living in my own shell 
Just leave me to be me!

2 comments:

  1. yeah and then there is gretel, red riding hood, goldilocks and a few more that don't make the cut for this kind of poem!

    also on the contrary, i found an image of a modern version of these characters.. and looks like the the grass is greener always on the other side! :)

    ReplyDelete